First Step and BOM (Bill Of Materials)

So I finally decided to go with the DIY Kossel build.
I got the BOM (Bill of Materials) from the RepRap page ( http://reprap.org/wiki/Kossel ) and compile it into a Google Doc spreadsheet that I will use to track the progress. You can access the spreadsheet directly on the Mini Kossel BOM page.
Being a RepRap project I decided to start with the printed parts. I searched online and find different providers for the printed parts.





Price, free shipping and the option to choose my own color  made me decide for MakerGeeks.com. They had my favorite color - blue. Joshua was very helpful and responded fast to my email.

This morning I placed the order for the frame, fasteners, motors, rods, belts and some other parts from TriDPrinting.com. Daniel and Barbara helped me choose from their parts availability and provided prompt response.




I will follow with a new post once the parts get here.


No comments:

Post a Comment